Short story about customer engagement and AWS — tools and examples
Hi there! Welcome to my next story. Today I would like to tell you a bit more about how AWS tools can help you with a customer engagement. I do realize that so many companies present on the market still have an issue with providing customers services that they expect. Even though it is really not that complicated! Also, as mentioned in the title of this article I will show you another perspective on customer engagement. I will write a bit about how important it is for marketing and sales departments in terms of data, analysis, planning strategies and activities.
Let’s place ourselves in a perspective of our potential customer. I can focus on selling services as an example. So I search several websites offering similar services and pretty much have more and more questions — isn’t that right? I think most of us know that feeling. OK, so I have questions and would like them to be answered of course. I check the FAQs section, but nothing helpful is there, so I pick up my phone and call the company and… no one answers. It’s fine — I can quickly write and email and ask all my questions. Yes! I got the answer. But.. one or two days later. How can AWS tools help solve such issues?
Actually that’s a time for the first hero of this story — Amazon Connect. How can it be helpful in this situation? Easy! Amazon Connect is a virtual contact center and allows for quick contact with a customer in real time. It provides customers with fast, professional service with problem solving and answering additional questions, also (but not only) before making a purchase of a product or service.
Similar but a bit different AWS tool, that I’d like to mention is Amazon Lex. It helps us to build conversational interfaces as chatbots. Thanks to them, without engaging additional human resources, it is possible to answer the most frequently asked questions by customers, help them solve some of their problems or schedule an appointment. All this makes contact with the company, from the customer’s perspective, easy and smooth.
What about Amazon Pinpoint and Amazon SES? Amazon Pinpoint is a complex marketing tool. It allows you to segment your database, create personalized campaigns, plan customer journeys and also to get in touch with your customers via SMS, emails, voice messages and many other functionalities. Amazon SES, on the other hand, helps in creating personalized emails with better delivery options and anti-spam systems checking. The tool allows for verification and analysis of the sent messages as well.
All mentioned by now tools have the influence on both: customers and marketers. As a customer you get all necessary information as soon as possible, you feel taken care of and satisfied with your choice. As a marketer you can limit the costs of customer service and human resources and you build long term relationships with your customers and increase their engagement. Also you receive data that help you with planning not only better activities, but also more precise and personalized ones.
Let’s also realize that there are some tools created just to help marketing and sales departments. I can easily mention here Amazon Transcribe. As the person from the contact center has a conversation with the customer, Amazon Transcribe helps to write everything from a conversation down. That actually allows marketing and sales departments to analyze what went wrong or good in terms of sales or provided help. If you decide to also use such a tool as Amazon Comprehend you can even compare those transcripts with each other. What can you get from that? Of course information about the critical points, lack of information on your website or in marketing communication, most common issues or problems with your product or service. Those information make it much easier for your coworkers to implement the right solutions and at the same time improve what you offer. And that means: make your customer happy, engaged and satisfied with your company.
AWS customer engagement tools benefits:
- Make changes quickly and dynamically. You can manage activities and set everything up according to your needs at the optimal time.
- Pay for what you use. This is a benefit that appears in almost all AWS services. Using the tools, you pay only for those things, that you actually use at a given time. This affects both — cost optimization and cost reduction.
- Flexibility of tools. You can use AWS tools as you need them. Not only, can you increase the range of services, you can also reduce it at any time, if you consider it necessary.
- Wide availability. You and your customers have access from any place in the world.
- Better segmentation and personalization of content. You can segment your customers according to their stage of the journey, and you can better tailor your content to the stage they are currently in.
- Deeper analytics and access to results. With access to analytics, you can review past actions, check critical points, and plan future work based on the data.
- Improved efficiency. Amazon SES dashboards allow you to verify performance and analyze anti-spam systems. By looking at historical data, you can create more effective campaigns in the future.
- High level of security. All AWS tools feature a high level of security, so your customers’ data and queries remain protected.
- You will gain better insight into your customers’ needs. Thanks to the ability to record conversations and compare them with each other, you gain better insight into the most common problems related to your services, and thus the chance to improve them.
Probably you wonder about possible implementations of AWS customer engagement tools. Below you can find two schemes showing a usage of mentioned solutions with other useful AWS tools. You can also read more about them on AWS official website.